Join our International Fellowship of Free Will Baptist Churches on March 21, 2021, for the International Day of Prayer and Fasting.
- Ask all churches in your country to participate.
- Allow each church to decide how they want to participate (time, location, fasting or not, type of fasting).
- Use the general prayer requests and / or the specific requests from each country.
Areas for prayer:
- Pray that the Lord would allow a stop to the pandemic.
- Pray for those who have become infected by the disease.
- Pray for those who are mourning the loss of loved ones.
- Pray for the protection of healthcare workers and others who have frequent direct contact with COVID-19 patients.
- Pray for those who are struggling due to loss of employment or source of income due to economic activity restrictions.
- Pray for those who are struggling just to feed themselves and their families.
- Pray for relief efforts in which many FWBs are participating.
- Pray for business owners who are facing large losses and bankruptcy.
- Pray for the churches and Christian ministries that will be greatly affected by the current and future economic recession.
- Pray for those who are suffering from anxiety and depression due to loss of job or long periods of confinement.
- Pray for those that are suffering from domestic abuse to long periods of confinement.
- Pray for those who are confused about what is going on, questioning God, or who have lost hope.
Political effects – many places have developed political crisis due to diverging views of how the pandemic should be handled.
- Pray that the Lord would give wisdom to government officials at all levels in the best way to help protect the people and care for those who have been affected by the crisis.
- Pray that Christians would act as peacemakers and hope givers and not contribute to the polarization of society.
- Pray for local churches. Most have not been able to meet normally, in-person, in their church buildings. Most have found alternative means of keeping in contact for encouragement, worship, and study of the Word (small house meetings, online tools, mobile contacts, etc.).
- Pray for wisdom for the congregations as they decide the best way to go about returning to in-person services and meetings.
- Pray that churches would learn how to change their methods to continue reaching people in new ways. May the lessons learned from this pandemic be applied to everyday ministry.
- Pray for pastors as they have been under a lot of pressure to meet the demands of their congregations during this exceptional time.
- Pray for the support of the pastors, as the income of most churches has been affected.