Kamifukuoka CMP with the Carneys
Beginning of June-Mid July (6 weeks)
- English classes (classes for young children and adults)
- Abundant Gospel sowing in the big city—passing out tracts/links to Gospel message attrain stations and throughout neighborhoods.
- Help with church activities and summer outreaches. (If you have a particular talent/giftingwe will try to utilize it—music, online tech stuff, photography, video, kids ministry, etc.)
- Prayer walking.
- Provide a Christian presence in the neighborhood where the Kamifukuoka Christ Church(KCC) is. We and the Speers each live about a 35 minute drive/train ride away in different directions. After initial orientation to navigating the train system, learning how to buy food and basic essentials (about 1 week), we will be asking them to stay at the church in order to have a daily presence in the community. The only bathing option will be the local“sento” (public bath—guys and girls separate of course!) as the church does not have a shower. We will be looking after them and giving them daily tasks as well as getting together with them frequently.
Learn about and experience Japanese Culture:
- Study some Japanese with a tutor during their time here.
- Experience Japanese Brush-writing
- Do a Japanese Homestay
- Discover the underlying hidden cultural traditions that are so prevalent despite Japanlooking very “Western” on the surface.
Get a good overview of Japan as a whole and what ministry looks like in both urban and rural settings.
- Most of the time will be spent in the Kamifukuoka area just outside of Tokyo. A little less urban than downtown Tokyo, but still very urban. Their time here will overlap with E-Team Tokyo, so they will get to assist with that. They may also get called upon to help out a little at the Good News Chapel and Iriso churches as well as see the ministries of the Hope Alive Church.
- Spend one week in Eastern Hokkaido with Nathan and Linda Snow to see and experience the first-hand ministry in a rural area of Japan. This will add about $500-$600 to their budget, but I believe it is important to experience both the rural and urban in order to get a good sense of the scope of the need of the Gospel throughout all Japan, and the ministries here among Free Will Baptists, as well as provide a good point of reference for anyone considering future ministry in Japan.
(Most likely could be $200-$300 cheaper depending on plane ticket/ferry prices)