The Morgans live in Alcalá de Henares, Spain, where they assist pastor José Manuel in the Esperanza Church. They also teach English classes through the University of Alcalá and encourage and help the church with multiple outreach opportunities.
After serving one term in Uruguay, the Board approved a transfer to Spain for Neil and Mandi.
Mandi was saved as a small child during the final night of Vacation Bible School at Horse Branch Free Will Baptist Church. When she was 12 years old, she attended a missions service conducted by Carlisle Hanna. During this service, she first became aware of the need for world evangelization and began to feel God’s call for her to enter full-time missionary service. Her desire for world evangelism and God’s call has only grown since this time.
At the age of seven, Neil was saved during a service at Pamplico Free Will Baptist Church. As Eddie Riddick gave the invitation, Neil realized he was a sinner and in need of Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior. He went to the altar and Mrs. Carolyn Riddick prayed with him.
Later, under the pastorate of Sherwood Lee, Neil began to realize God’s desire for all nations to know Him. After several missions trips and especially during his missionary internship in India, his call to career missionary service was confirmed.
Neil and Mandi attended Welch College in Nashville, Tennessee. While finishing his last year at Welch College, Neil served as the interim pastor at Richland Free Will Baptist Church. Mandi taught the teen class and helped in the nursery. She also began teaching high school English during this time.
After graduating, Neil and Mandi moved to Timmonsville, South Carolina. Neil pastored Bay Branch Free Will Baptist Church from 2004-2006. Mandi taught high school English, taught Sunday school, and lead youth nights. She also introduced the young people to the National Youth Conference’s Bible, music, and arts competition.
Neil and Mandi were approved as career missionaries to Uruguay in April 2008. The Morgans spent their first year in language school and arrived in Uruguay in 2011.
Neil and Mandi have three daughters, Emma Catherine, born April 10; Aubrey, born August 13; and Sofia, born July 25.
Neil—Sand Hill FWB Church in Coward, SC
Mandi—Horse Branch FWB Church in Turbeville, SC
Updated September 21, 2017
- The Morgans are working in the Esperanza church in Alcalá de Henares. The church is growing. Praise the Lord for the growth and pray for the continued growth of the church.
- Pray for a new location and larger facility for the church.
- Pray for the growth of our children’s ministry.
- Pray for the English classes that the Morgans teach at the University of Alcalá.
- We are planning an Easter event in our community. Please be in prayer for this opportunity to build relationships.
- We are preparing for a women’s event on April 27. Pray for the event and for many unsaved to attend.