To view this newsletter in its original format, click here.
A Season of Thanks
This time every year, we all take the time to reflect and express gratitude for the blessings bestowed upon us by God. We would not exaggerate if we concluded that we are, indeed, a people most blessed. Although we do not deserve God’s goodness, He gives abundantly and exceedingly more than what we can imagine, proving to us every day that He is the author of all good gifts, grace, and mercy. So this “Season of Thanks,” allow us to express what we are grateful for to our Heavenly Father:
- We are grateful for the gift of our son, James Clinton, who brings so much joy to our hearts every day.
- We are grateful for the miracles our LORD worked out in order to get us here, to Shumen, in a time of so much uncertainty and a world pandemic.
- We are grateful for our teammates, Josh and Lydia Provow, who daily show us how to serve Christ in humility and love, and for the entire Bulgaria IM team.
- We are grateful that we were able to start our life in Shumen.
- We are grateful for the people in our church here, for those who follow Christ with conviction, and for those who are on their way to becoming committed Christians.
- We are grateful that Brenton was able to start language lessons.
- We are grateful that, despite the many challenges, God continues to be faithful and to give us the strength we need to face every day.
We truly have so much to be thankful for. We are also SO thankful for all of you who regularly ask how we are doing, who read our updates and newsletters, who faithfully pray for our needs and for the needs of the people of Bulgaria, and who generously give for the sake of the Kingdom in Shumen. You are an integral part of our team and we praise the LORD for using you to further the gospel in a country where it is so desperately needed.
We were so excited to be able to host a “Thanksgiving Dinner” for some of our friends this past Saturday. It was encouraging to see so many people at our apartment; it was a wonderful mix of friends, all old and new, and we look forward to continuing to build relationships with them as we continue our time here, in Shumen. During our dinner, everyone took turns sharing some things he or she is thankful for. We heard people offer thanks for health, job opportunity, family, and friends. We pray that one day we will hear those same people offer thanks to our Father for the grace and salvation He so freely gives.
- Please pray for Bulgaria as COVID-19 keeps raging on. Pray specifically for Shumen, where there is a real COVID crisis. The hospital is overflowing with COVID patients, schools are meeting online, and many people fear to gather in close proximity with others (including at church).
- Continue to pray for Brenton’s language learning.
- Pray for the upcoming Christmas season and the outreach events we have planned. Unfortunately, some of those (including Operation Christmas Child parties) are currently up in the air because of the COVID restrictions.
- Pray that God will allow us to further our contacts in Shumen and meet new people with whom we can share our faith.
- Pray for the church in Shumen.
May Jesus bless you and your family during this season! Happy Thanksgiving!
Brenton, Debbie, and Jamie