Thankfulness Can Be Contagious
By Lauren Biggs
Join us in our 7-day social media challenge to give thanks…kicking off on November 18. For seven days in a row, IM invites YOU (and your friends and church) to post one thing you are thankful for on social media. From a loved one, to a good cup of coffee, to your small group you do life with, to your Bible, we want to create an awareness in your life of thankfulness.
Throughout November, you may have seen our social media accounts, or even received a personal email from us, as we GIVE THANKS for you. So join us November 18-24 in giving thanks and invite your friends to participate, too!
How it works:
- Take a photo (or use a previous photo you have in your camera roll).
- Upload your photo to your social media channel of choice (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook…or all three).
- In your caption, share why you’re thankful for what you’re sharing.
- Use the hashtag #imgivethanks each day in your post.
- Ask your friends to participate with you.
- Enjoy content from your friends and family, and let God use this time to encourage your heart with thankfulness.
Be contagious! Let thankfulness spread from your heart to the ends of the earth.
Here are two examples of social media posts (Facebook and Twitter) for the #imgivethanks week!
Follow IM, Inc. on social media to keep up with our #imgivethanks challenge posts.
About the writer: Lauren Biggs has worked as IM’s Media Connections Coordinator since February 2020. Lauren loves working among creative teams within the Body of Christ. Her experience working with Christian non-profits has given her a passion for highlighting the power of people’s stories as they intersect Christ’s story – she believes that’s the goal of Christ-centered social media and marketing.
Lauren graduated in 2016 from Lee University in Cleveland, TN with a B.A. in Interdisciplinary Studies (Theology, Bible, Psychology, and Sociology). She married her college sweetheart, Austin Biggs, in 2017. They live in Mount Juliet, Tennessee with their daughter Kinsley and cat, Simba.