- PRAY for the people of the Napo Province. There is rampant poverty, little access to education, high incidents of sexual abuse, frequent parasitic illnesses due to lack of access to clean water, and the highest rate of alcoholism in Ecuador is among the Napu Runas people.
- PRAY for our partner organization Jungle Kids for Christ, including Pastor Yulier, and Antioch Academy as they minister and teach during the continued health and economic effects of COVID-19.
- PRAY for more prayer and financial partners.
- PRAY as Carol continues in family nurse practitioner school, the next term begins January 4. Pray she will locate clinical sites that will best prepare her for the future. She will graduate in December.
- PRAY for Caleb (14) and Moriah (13) that they may continue to grow in their knowledge of Christ and the burden to reach souls for Him. PRAISE homeschooling is going well.
- PRAY as for us as we continue to learn Spanish while stateside.
- PRAY for our many transitions.
- PRAY for God’s perfect timing on our departure to Eastern Ecuador.
Requests updated January 4, 2021
- Pray for Anthony and Lea as they train and equip local believers to reach others with the gospel.
- Pray that hearts would be receptive to the Gospel in this society that increasingly rejects God.
- Pray for spiritual breakthroughs in the relationships that we have had with numerous people over a period of several years.
- Pray for efforts to plant churches among the 10 million people who live in towns where there is no Gospel witness.
- Pray for Anthony and Lea as well as Tim and Kristi Johnson as they work with the Alpedrete Church to train leaders and lead the church in planting a new work.
- Pray for Anthony and Lea as they parent Emily and Marc in this cultural context.
- Pray for the small federation of Free Will Baptist Churches in Spain. We need more leaders in each work – Alpedrete, Galapagar (formerly Villalba) and Alcalá de Henares.
Updated April 23, 2019
- Ask God to help Abby manage her time and responsibilities as a nurse and missionary through these difficult times.
- Ask God to give Abby the patience and wisdom as she continues to learn the language and culture of Japan.
- Pray for the people of Japan, that God will use Abby and her team to reach those who are lost and lonely by building relationships with them.
There are a lot of big transitions happening in our lives right now:
- we arrived in Shumen, Bulgaria at the beginning of June
- we welcomed our first child into our family in July
- Brenton began language study
In the midst of all of these big events and transitions, we thank God for all of you who prayerfully and financially support us. We cherish your friendship and cannot wait to see how the Lord uses all of us for His Kingdom!
We would love it if you prayed for the following needs:
- Please pray for us as we continue to transition to life here in Shumen!
- Pray for us as we work alongside missionaries Josh and Lydia Provow in Shumen. Pray specifically for unity, as well as cohesion to minister to the Bulgarian people here who do not know the LORD.
- Pray for Brenton as he learns Bulgarian.
- Pray for the outreach events we have planned this Christmas season, many of which are currently up in the air due to COVID restrictions.
- Pray that God would guide us and equip us to do His work among the people in Bulgaria.
- Pray for God to give him wisdom and for God’s power to be victorious over the powers of darkness evident in the eastern religions.
- Pray for Carlisle’s physical strength and health needs.
- Pray for believers to exhibit spiritual maturity and a desire to share their faith.
- Ask God for more national pastors in India and the means to support them.
- Pray for our boys they are having a hard time adjusting to all the travel and no place to call home. Barrett is most comfortable in Arkansas but we aren’t there often anymore, both boys have trouble going to nap and bed, they both used to be really good at just laying down and sleeping. PThe car is no fun for them and many times its just a lot of crying. Pray for peace.
- Pray for our funds to come in quickly, we have about 7 weeks till our September goal to be fully funded. We are at about 67%.
- Pray for our families as they try to adjust to us leaving.
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to be working in the lives of the Japanese we will come in contact with while we are there.
- Praise God for the adult son of one of the Good News Chapel members who recently contacted the church with questions about Christianity. He committed himself to reading the entire Bible by this summer’s end. Pray that this seeker ( Mr. Hiro . . . ) would be touched by the truth of the God and open his heart to Christ. 5/16/2020
- Pray for both the believers and non-believers viewing the worship videos of Good News Chapel. Church believers are expressing their need of spiritual encouragement during this time of medical emergency restrictions. Non-believers are viewing the broadcasts with a sincere desire to know more about Christianity. 5/4/20
- Praise for Good News Chapel believers who are inviting their non-believing friends to view the Good News Chapel Sunday worship video tapes, now uploaded on the church’s Facebook page and on YouTube. 5/3/20
- Pray for God’s special blessings on the weekly video messages being delivered via YouTube and on the new Facebook page for worship services for Good News Chapel. Missionary Rusty Carney has edited the weekly worship services during the Covid-19 virus outbreak and provided a weekly broadcast to deliver to those connected to Good News Chapel. 5/2/20
Praise for our new FaceBook page for Good News Chapel: 福音チャペル ( Fukuin Chapel ). It has already served as a great tool for sharing the ministry of the church. IM missionary, Shelby Culwell, worked to setup the FB page and designed a set of logos for the church plant. It has given an immediate connection to many contacts to the Good News Chapel ministry during this time of the Covid-19 outbreak. 5/1/20
- Prayers for the the proposed church property for the Good News Chapel building have been greatly appreciated. However, the pathway to purchase the desired local house (below) to renovate into a church building was shut down by a community vote and earthquake proof restrictions. Please pray in 2020 that God would open up a new pathway for a property purchase to serve as a church building for the ministry of Good News Chapel.
Updated October 19, 2020
- Pray for our family as we are currently stateside. Pray that churches will be open to receiving us, that the Lord would provide all the funds we need to raise, and for our safety as we travel.
- Pray for the relaunch of New Life Church. Pray that the Lord would draw people to the work that He is doing there.
- Pray for the Lord to send short-term workers and teams to serve in the Sapporo area.
- Pray that the Lord would bless the planning and development of the translation projects.
- Pray for Miriam and our new baby boy coming in March 2021. Pray for a healthy pregnancy and delivery.
- Pray for the Joy Kids families while we are stateside. Pray that they will come back, and that they will bring their friends/families.
- Pray for Mr. A, a seeker, that he will accept Christ as his Savior.
- Pray that we would truly love the Japanese, and that we would open both our hearts and home to them.
- Pray for the health of all the Japanese pastors and their wives. Especially pray for Mrs. Hirabuki, a pastor’s wife, who has been struggling with cancer.
- Praise that Miriam finished language school in February! Thank you for all the encouragement and prayers during that time.
- Pray for our partners in Central Asia as they labor daily to share the gospel in a predominantly Muslim environment.
- Pray for safety of travel, crossing of borders, and the granting of permissions that are needed in working in various countries.
- Pray for our international students in KZ, CUBA, RUSSIA, Tajikistan, and South Korea, as they each have their own ministries planting churches, reaching the unreached and offering the hope of the gospel hundreds of towns and villages.
- Praising God for the 3 New Playgrounds to be a part of building HOPE in Central Asia’s unreached communities!
- Pray for our MINISTRY ACCOUNT! Pray that God will move on the hearts of people to give to the work of the ministry! We need $2500 in new pledges by December 31!
- Pray for the Outlaw kids – Carson, Tori, Conner, Schaeffer, and Libby that God will continue to use their cross cultural experiences to prepare them for the role He has for them in the Great Commission.
4) Please pray that we will be safe during all our travel across the country, and that we can go back to France as soon as possible.
If you when more News about this ministry and recent pray request sign up for our Newsletter here : https://app.e2ma.net/app2/audience/signup/1913796/1911707.163132315/?fbclid=IwAR3_6jk_CtKvxKiK1AzAGrKlAoyo6BTHIJ04n5Nj7MW3haCYqeRwIZG-WZ4
- Pray for Audrey as she continues on at school.
- Pray that we will soon be able to get into a good routine for ministry.
- Pray that we will all remain healthy in the weeks to come.
updated June 21, 2019
- Pray for the spiritual growth and maturity of the members of the St. Sebastien Church. Ask God to give Jonathan and Michelle Chereau, one of the four couples who form the leadership team, wisdom as they assume more responsibilities.
- Pray God will give wisdom and direction to us as we continue to work with the JPense team outreaches and new church plant.
- Pray for Dennis as he pastors the St. Nazaire Church. Ask God to help the church to grow. Pray we will demonstrate God’s wisdom as we serve in this congregation.
- Pray for Emily as she finishes her masters program before she leaves for Japan
- Pray for Emily as she pursues Gods’s guidance while preparing for her ministry in Japan
- Pray for the Japanese people and that their hearts will be prepared for the Good News of the Gospel
- PRAISE THE LORD: We have had 275+ people get saved in 2019.
- Praise the Lord for life-giving rain. The rains started in March of 2019 and it has rained every month since. They are currently, Nov 2020, having good rains during the “short-rain season.”
- For our 4 boys and their families that we are missing. Third grandbaby, Nolan, born Sept 14, 2020
- For growth in the lives of the new followers of Yesu
- Against spiritual darkness – witch-doctors, non-biblical traditions
- For leaders to gain confidence in sharing w/ others
- For men to surrender to discipleship and become leaders of worship/discipleship groups. The need is great. We could start 10 worship gatherings tomorrow if we had men.
- For the women in Victoria’s Community Health Evangelism classes. That they will share the biblical and medical information that they are learning. Eunice has continued to disciple these women weekly since Victoria left for the US.
- For Eddy’s health. He has had a few medical challenges already in 2019. For full restoration of health and strength.
- Pray for us as we continue the work of the new church plant, Hope Alive Church, in the Tokyo area. Pray that we would see people come to Christ and lives changed and that Christ would be glorified in our work here.
- Pray for the one-on-one Bible studies we are doing with some non-believers and one on one discipleship studies we are doing with new Christians.
- Pray for the outreach ministries of Hope Alive Church to bring more people the opportunity to hear the Gospel.
- Pray for a continued ability to speak Japanese
- Pray for Eli, Micah, and Emma as they are in elementary school that they can learn and thrive in a different culture and that they can make good friends and understand Japanese. Pray also that we can be an effective witness to the other parents at their schools and for their growth as believers in Christ.
- Please pray for NEW INITIATIVES in 2021:
- Funding for ITA – see the 2021 budget here.
- Funding for Jeff & Susana – support here.
- Pray for ITA (see updated requests on our ITA website).
- Pray for the Gibbs children and grandchildren. Marc and his family, reside in the Saint Louis area; Joël and his family in Nashville, Ryan and his family who live in also in Nashville.
- Pray that God will grant Jerry and Barbara wisdom as they lead the church through the pastoral transition from missionary pastor to French pastor.
- Pray for the church as they seek to win the lost in St. Nazaire and the surrounding area.
- Pray for the pastoral team of the Saint Nazaire church, Bruno and Sylvain, that God will give them wisdom and protect them and their families.
- Pray that God will guide, protect, and bless Bruno, the interim pastor of the Saint Nazaire church, and his family.
- Pray for our various outreaches in the community that they will be fruitful.
- Pray for unity among the national church and leaders.
- Pray that in our own personal lives we would be fervently devoted to growing in God’s word and to prayer for what He is doing here in Bulgaria.
- Pray for our family to see steady progress in our language study.
- Pray for several formal and informal English teaching opportunities we are pursuing as a means of outreach.
- Pray that God would connect us to people in Pleven who are waiting to hear about him—including many members of society who are often neglected
- As we “lay foundations” for a new church, pray that God would give us wisdom regarding which steps we would take, the timing in which things should take place, and which opportunities for outreach we should pursue.
- Pray for growth in our relationships with people in our community and for opportunities to share love and truth in these relationships.
Updated September 15, 2020
Please pray for the two Catan: Resources for Life groups we have at the moment. Please pray that these groups would grow and that the members of both groups would be active in our Sunday worship gatherings.
Praise God for the upcoming launch of our new Alpha course. We are hoping to start in early October!
Praise God for Sevdi, who recently completed a six-month discipleship course and is taking on a leadership role in the church.
Praise God for the Bible study in the village of Vehtovo. Pray for R, as she invites her neighbors to take part. Also pray for Sevdi as he takes a leadership role in this new group.
Please pray that with life SLOWLY getting back to normal, we will have more opportunities to make new contacts.
Praise God for a really cool opportunity we had to publish a gift version of the Gospel of Luke, that has a forward written by pastor Trif, a plan of salvation written by pastor Jonathan, and questions and cultural notes in the margins written by me. Thanks to generous supporters, we were able to get 4,000 copies (1,000 for each of our four ministry regions).
Please pray that Josh would soon have a firm grasp on the Turkish language. Knowing Turkish will open many more doors in the villages surrounding Shumen.
Please pray for your church-planting team in Bulgaria. Tim and Lydia Awtrey are leading the church in Svishtov. Trif and Vanya Trifonov lead the work in Varna, where soon they will be joined by Keren Delgado. Jonathan and Amy Postlewaite have started a new church in the city of Pleven and in the village of Odarne. Soon Ken and Jayne Cash will work along beside them. And very soon our family will be joined in Shumen by Brenton and Debi Driscoll!
Most importantly, please pray that the Holy Spirit would do a mighty work in the nation of Bulgaria. Among the Turks only 1/10,000 know Jesus. Please pray that the Lord would go before us, softening hard hearts so that they will be eager to hear the good news of salvation.
- Pray for our discussion groups as we talk about God with young adults. That they may see the truth and understand the Gospel.
- Pray for the JPense evangelism events and discussion groups, that they will bring much fruit.
- Please pray for our impact project. We are in need of donations to support our new ministry. We need to get equipped to be able to have services and outreach events more often. Pray that we will meet our financial need so we will have the resources to carry out our ministry among the young adults. You can give online here : https://fwbgo.com/give/ under Impact JPense and you can send in checks to the FWBIM (memo: Impact JPense).
- Pray for the new converts through our ministry that they will stand strong and be witnesses to their friends and families
**December 2020: Please pray for the special Christmas and New Year Outreach programs that are taking place this month and the first week of January in our Japan churches. Pray that Christians will invite unsaved family and friends, and that many will hear the message of hope and accept Christ into their lives!
**October 2020: We have recently arrived back in the States after serving a four-year term in the Tokyo area and we’re excited to begin visiting churches and individuals. Please pray that we will be able to share our burden for the lost Japanese people with others; pray for added prayer and financial partners for our ministries. Also please pray for Rusty and Brenda Carney and their three children as they continue the ministries at Kamifukuoka Christ Church. Pray that God will be glorified and those seeking spiritual peace will turn to Him!
*September 9, 2020: PRAISE! We were able to witness two baptisms this month at the Iriso Christ Church, the original FWB Church in the Tokyo area! We’re grateful for Pastor Kojima, along with his wife Miho, and their leadership and vision for Iriso Church. God is working in the hearts of the Japanese and leading them to Him! We have completed all our necessary legal documentation to leave the country, including some new requirements that just took effect on September 1st. The current world situation has changed the way we travel, with many challenges in leaving and reentering Japan, and we are blessed to be heading for the airport on the 16th with all the necessary paperwork in hand! We arrive in Seattle and will quarantine for two weeks before driving to MO. Please pray for safe travels and opportunities to share our ministry in the States. We appreciate your continued prayer support!
*August 11, 2020: Please pray for our preparations as we leave Japan on September 16th to return to the States for our Home Assignment. Pray that the witnessing we’ve done in the last four years will see many turn to Christ! We leave Japan this time with several senior citizens and friends of many years on our hearts and minds, not yet accepting Christ. Please pray that the Holy Spirit will continue to work in their hearts! Pray that our Home Assignment will be fruitful and our meetings will see others answer His calling to the mission field!
Pray for Rusty and Brenda Carney, who are assuming our responsibilities at the Kamifukuoka Christ Church and also Judy’s Iriso Church English and Bible Class. Pray that this transition will go smoothly and that their family will be greatly used of God in their new ministries.
*December 2019: Our Christmas Outreach ministries went well this year, with unsaved attending each event! Judy’s Iriso Church English and Bible Class Brunch, our KCC Mommy and Me Christmas parties and our Family Christmas are over, and now we’re preparing for our January 1st New Year’s Day Worship, a common practice for Japanese Christians. Please pray that the gospel that was shared with “seekers” in each of these December meetings will see many accepting Christ!
*August 2019: Recently two of our contacts, Mr. “A” and Mrs. “E” have shown a deepening interest in the meaning of accepting and following Christ, and we’ve been very encouraged that the Holy Spirit is clearly working in their hearts. At Bible Study in our home this morning, we actually stayed an hour later than usual as we answered Mr. “A”‘s questions about eternity; we felt that even TODAY he was ready to accept Christ, but he didn’t take that final step of faith…YET! Please keep praying for this dear man in his late seventies to accept the greatest gift!
We’ve also continued to have many meetings with Mrs. “E” – for the second time this week, we met her and her two sons at the bakery in front of our apartment building. Today we sat with them as we all ate our lunch and invited them to our Sunday services. She has attended many times in the past, and she and her husband are receptive to the Gospel. Pray for this young family – it would be WONDERFUL to see them raising their small sons in a Christian home!
*July 2019: We recently had an older woman, Mrs. Hamaguchi, drop into our church after a disagreement with her son’s family. She left their home and walked around the neighborhood for several hours before seeing the light on at KCC. Ken and I were there a few hours before church began so she came in and talked about her problems with us and agreed to stay for our Sunday morning worship. When she left after church, she accepted a Gospel of John booklet that we give to each visitor, and cried as she told us, “I didn’t know where to go or who to talk to, but then suddenly I looked up and saw the light on in your church and felt led to enter!” We prayed with her and told her that she’s very welcome to return to KCC anytime of the week. She indicated that she wants to know more. Please pray for God’s leading in her life!
Please continue to pray for the salvation of the families connected with our two weekly Mommy and Me classes, about twenty-two families currently. Also please continue to keep Mr. “A” and Mr. “N” #2 before the Lord, along with Judy’s Iriso Church English/Bible class members. These women have attended the class for more than thirty years and are all in their seventies now. They’ve studied the Bible many times and still have not felt the Holy Spirit in their hearts. Please pray for them to accept the TRUE GOD!
*April 2019: We were blessed to have twenty two Mommy and Me Class families attend our KCC Easter Outreach parties last week! Join with us in praying for their salvation. Our five Kids’ Club students, three junior high and two high school kids, continue to attend Sunday afternoon English and Bible time. All have been members since 2009 and it’s a joy to work with them each week! Pray for the three young brothers’ salvation and for their parents. Pray for each of these kids as they face enormous pressures in their daily lives. Please continue to pray for the 5 unsaved senior citizens we share Bible studies with: Mr. “A” at KCC and Judy’s four Iriso Church Women’s English and Bible Class members. Pray for our April 21st Easter Worship. Pray for more opportunities to share the Gospel!
*January 2019: Several blessings and prayer needs for our ministries at Kamifukuoka Christ Church and Iriso Christ Church. We praise God that we were able to move back into our church neighborhood a few months ago when our previous rent contract expired. We have rekindled several relationships with people we knew previously and have been blessed to see some of them attend services at KCC. However, due to the moving expenses, our mission account balance has been dropping and we are now very close to a deficit level. Please pray that this need will be met for us to remain here to follow God’s leading.
We were very blessed to have around thirty nonbelievers attend our three Christmas Outreach meetings: two Mommy and Me Class parties and our annual KCC Family Christmas. Pray that through the messages shared, along with Christian books and tracts that were given, the Holy Spirit will speak to hearts and we may see MANY come to know HIM in 2019!”
We have requested prayer for salvation for several years regarding Mr. “N” #1, Mr. “N” #2 and Mr. “A”. Mr. “N” #1 is now rejoicing in Heaven after accepting Christ last Fall; Mr. “A” continues to attend weekly Bible studies, and both he and Mr. “N” #2 attended our KCC Family Christmas. Pray that through the heartfelt message that was given by our son-in-law, Dr. Jeremy Delamarter, they may allow the Spirit to work in their hearts!
Please continue to pray for the Iriso Christ Church Women’s English and Bible class. This is Judy’s 31st year of teaching these women, now all in their seventies, and we pray that these many, many years of opening and sharing the Word will have an eternal impact on their lives!
*July 2018: PRAISING GOD for the salvation of Mr. “N” #1, a dear friend in his eighties, who accepted Christ this week! Prayers for his salvation have been lifted for close to thirty years, and we now rejoice that he is a Christ-follower! Please pray for his recovery from recent cancer surgery. Also please continue to pray for our two weekly Mommy and Me Classes, where we work with twenty unsaved moms and their toddlers in our church outreach ministries to families in our neighborhood. Please continue to pray for Mr. “A” and Mr. “N” #2’s salvation.
- Pray for God’s perfect timing in the process of receiving our visas.
- Pray for us as we begin the process of learning a brand new language!
- Pray for us as we prepare to join the missionaries on the Bulgarian field and begin working alongside Jonathan and Amy Polstewaite.
- Pray that we would remain obedient as God guides us and equips us to do His work among the Bulgarian people.
Praise be to God!
- I am fully funded, He is faithful.
- I am in waiting season where I have other opportunities to serve, He is faithful.
Pray for patience while I wait for the visa paperworks.
Pray for the Bulgarian believer to grow strong in their faith, and pray for the rest of Bulgarians for them to have access to the gospel.
Pray that God may help me as I am learning Bulgarian.
Thank you for praying for the Bulgarian people and I. Thank you for bringing to God these requests with a heart surrendered to God’s will.
- Pray for the leadership of the churches in Brazil and for the Alliance of FWB churches.
- Pray for the seminary (ETBL) as we continue training leaders for the local churches in Brazil.
- Pray for Clóvis and Cristina Leandro of the Nova América FWB Church in Campinas who are serving as church planters in Boa Esperança, state of Alagoas, Brazil. They work in a town with no other evangelical Christian presence and minister to a very poor population. There are no other FWB churches in this part of the country.
- Pray for the FWB hospital in Doropo, Côte d’Ivoire, Africa, and for the Cuban physician, Dr. Katiuska. Her husband is a pastor and is working as a missionary there.
- Pray for the up-coming presidential election in Côte d’Ivoire, Africa, on October 31st. Pray for peace and that the results will be respected.
- Pray for the church-planting project in Ghana being led by Ivorian missionary Jonas Gnarkité Kambou, under the supervision of the mission’s committee in Côte d’Ivoire. IM partner’s with our African brothers in this project.
- Pray for pastor Yosvanys, his wife Anita, and their two children, from Cuba, as they revitalize a church in Montevideo, Uruguay. The church is already experiencing some growth and they are trying to reach out to the community and help to reduce the violence in the neighborhood.
- Pray for the Seminary in Panama as they seek accreditation from the Panamanian government. It is a long process.
- India is a country of 1.3 billion people. There are still 715 people groups (ethnic groups) that have not been engaged with the preaching of the gospel. Pray that the Lord would help us to increase our “footprint” in the country. We are already partnering with two networks of Indian churches that are working among unreached peoples.
- As we partner with Bible Mission in Central Asia, pray that the efforts of the local workers in reaching the unreached will be fruitful. Pray also for the training of local pastors.
- Pray for the seminary that we partner with in Russia as they train pastors for a growing number of churches. In an area that I visited, they have seen an increase from 8 to 50 churches in a little over 30 years.
Updated Oct. 10, 2020.
- Pray for contacts in France, for me to rebuild relationship, and have new one. For the Holy Spirit to open the heart of the French people and to guide me when I speak with them.
- Pray for a discussion group to start, I would like to start a discussion group, pray that God send the right people in this Group.
- Pray our Team, Dennis and Carol Teague, Lydie and Joel Teague and David Reeves.
- Pray for my friends and family member that Do no know God yet.
- Pray for me to have wisdom in my ministry, and that I will obey the voice of the Holy Spirit.
“Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.” John 14:13-14
Thank you so much for you support in Prayer, It is a precious gift to have so many lifting me up in pray. May God Bless you and keep and using you all for His Kingdom.
Myriam (Mimi) Le Louan
- Praise the Lord that we have met all of our fundraising goals. That means that we can return to France in January.
- We will be looking for a house in St. Nazaire upon our arrival. A missionary house is such a ministry tool. Pray that we can find a house that will allow us to host new friends and neighbors.
- Pray for our daughters as we transition to France. They have lost a good bit of their French. Pray that it will return quickly.
- Pray for our families here as we say our goodbyes.
- The Morgans are working in the Esperanza church in Alcalá de Henares. The church is growing. Praise the Lord for the growth and pray for the continued growth of the church.
- Pray for a new location and larger facility for the church.
- Pray for the growth of our children’s ministry.
- Pray for the English classes that the Morgans teach at the University of Alcalá.
- We are planning an Easter event in our community. Please be in prayer for this opportunity to build relationships.
- We are preparing for a women’s event on April 27. Pray for the event and for many unsaved to attend.
- We are currently working in Eastern Hokkaido. Our children attend Japanese schools in the area. Linda teaches English part time at two elementary schools. Pray for our children, and pray that they will be lights in these schools.
- To my knowledge, none of the approximately 20 English students that are in our outreach classes taught at the Abashiri church are Christian. We are teaching four classes there: kindergarten, two elementary and one adult class. Many mothers also attend the childrens’ classes. Most have never heard the gospel story. These are classes that have only started recently. Pray that through these many would come to know Christ.
- We are prayerfully looking at the many cities and towns around Abashiri and Bihoro that do not have any gospel preaching church (of any kind). Pray for God’s direction as we seek to reach these new areas.
- Pray God will supply the financial needs of the Snows. Japan is an extremely expensive country in which to minister
- Thank God for answers to prayer!
- Katherine is now potty trained!!!
- We are getting to know more of the people in our community.
- Pray as Grace is finishing out the school year doing “distance learning” from home.
- As a result of COVID-19 Kelton and Katherine are unable to attend their Japanese Kindergarten for another month. We have been trying to utilize this time by going through a phonics course with Kelton.
- COVID-19 has changed the scope of many things we were doing. English classes have been halted for the time being, and we are currently making videos for our church services each week. As a result, many who would not normally come to church are viewing the videos as we have been sharing them online. Pray the seeds that are being planted would take root in many people’s hearts!
- Praise God for Mr. “O’s” decision to follow Jesus! Pray for his spiritual growth, development and discipleship. Also, pray things will settle down with COVID-19 as he would like to be baptized.
Updated May 15, 2020
- Praise the Lord that I arrived safely in Japan and have started the process of re-acclimating to life in Japan
- Ask God that I will continue to grow closer to God.
- Pray that my relationships with Mrs. H and Mrs. Y continue to grow strong and that I am able to share the gospel with them clearly.
- Pray for my Mom as I leave her for the first time without the support of my Dad.
- Pray for the missionaries in Japan as they are experiencing a lot of transition.
- Pray for the new building project. We praise the Lord for the funds that were given for the purchase of a site in an excellent location in town. Much of the work will be done by members of the church, so pray for stamina to see it through.
- Pray for relationships we have made with many friends and neighbors, for God to open hearts to the message of salvation in Christ.
- Pray for Becky as she teaches English and builds relations with her students.
- Pray for the Lord to call out leaders for the future of the church in Chateaubriant.
- We were given financial clearance to return to Uruguay on July 4!
- The Lord provided a house within walking distance from the girls’ school, and cheaper than the one we had before!
- Pray for wisdom and safety of travel for Steve and other Bible institute instructors. Pray the students would be diligent and willing to
- Pray for the people of Uruguay to see that Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Only 6% of the country claim to be Christian.
- Pray the Lord would guide us to those who are searching.
- Please pray for Lydia as she is volunteering in the COVID ward of the local hospital. Pray that God will protect her physically and spiritually. Please also pray that those she helps will come to know Jesus.
- Having online services and Bible studies has had an unexpected benefit. Many people who are afraid to attend church have been watching online services. Pray that these sparks of interest will became a fire of faith.
- Pray for God to raise up a pastor for the church in Svishtov. This is the first church we planted and is ready to be self-sustaining, but they need a faithful Bulgarian pastor. Pray that God will provide.
- Pray for the young people in the church. Pray that their faith will be encouraged and that their friends will come to know Jesus. Many of them have no Christian friends in their school.
- Please pray for our family. Alex is in his last year in high school and we have a lot to prepare for before beginning our stateside assignment next year
updated December 1, 2020
- Pray God will call more workers to Spain.
- Pray for the Alpedrete church as they prepare for their Christmas musical.
- Pray for the new outreach efforts that the Johnsons are spearheading as they are in the beginning stages of a new church plant.
(Updated August, 2019)
* Pray for the starting of the Bridge FWB Church here in Champaign, Il. Pray that God would bring partners in gospel along side to help get the church established.
* Pray for the start of the new spring semester that we will meet students that will become interested in our sharing of the gospel
* Pray for our ability to connect in with other people and inform, engage, and encourage them to get involved with international students in their local colleges.
*Pray for Easter services this year. The Bridge FWB Church will have its first Easter service and also for Easter with English Corner students.