- PRAY for the people of the Napo Province. There is rampant poverty, little access to education, high incidents of sexual abuse, frequent parasitic illnesses due to lack of access to clean water, and the highest rate of alcoholism in Ecuador is among the Napu Runas people.
- PRAY for our partner organization Jungle Kids for Christ, including Pastor Yulier, as they minister during the health and economic effects of COVID-19.
- PRAY for the 2021 THP trip. (the 2020 trip finally had to be canceled due to travel restrictions).
- PRAY as Carol continues in family nurse practitioner school, the next term begins July 6. Pray for time management and balance between her roles of wife, mother, nurse, and ministry.
- PRAY for Caleb (14) and Moriah (12) that they may continue to grow in their knowledge of Christ and the burden to reach souls for Him. Transitions to homeschooling later this year.
- PRAY as for us as we learn Spanish.
- PRAY for our many transitions. We will put our farm acreage on the market in July.
- PRAY for God’s perfect timing on our departure to Eastern Ecuador.
Requests updated June 27, 2020
- Pray for Anthony and Lea as they train and equip local believers to reach others with the gospel.
- Pray that hearts would be receptive to the Gospel in this society that increasingly rejects God.
- Pray for spiritual breakthroughs in the relationships that we have had with numerous people over a period of several years.
- Pray for efforts to plant churches among the 10 million people who live in towns where there is no Gospel witness.
- Pray for Anthony and Lea as well as Tim and Kristi Johnson as they work with the Alpedrete Church to train leaders and lead the church in planting a new work.
- Pray for Anthony and Lea as they parent Emily and Marc in this cultural context.
- Pray for the small federation of Free Will Baptist Churches in Spain. We need more leaders in each work – Alpedrete, Galapagar (formerly Villalba) and Alcalá de Henares.
Updated April 23, 2019
There are a lot of big transitions happening in our lives right now:
- we arrived in Shumen, Bulgaria at the beginning of June
- we are enjoying our first year of marriage
- we are expecting our first child in July
- Brenton is beginning language study
In the midst of all of these big events and transitions, we thank God for all of you who prayerfully and financially support us. We cherish your friendship and cannot wait to see how the Lord uses all of us for His Kingdom!
We would love it if you prayed for the following needs:
- Please pray for us as we transition to life here in Shumen!
- Pray for strength and health for Debbie as she deals with the challenges and joys of pregnancy.
- Pray for us as we join the missionaries on the Bulgarian field and work alongside Josh and Lydia Provow in Shumen. Pray specifically for unity, as well as cohesion to minister to the Bulgarian people here who do not know the LORD.
- Pray for Brenton as he begins to learn Bulgarian.
- Pray that God would guide us and equip us to do His work among the people in Bulgaria.
- Pray for God to give him wisdom and for God’s power to be victorious over the powers of darkness evident in the eastern religions.
- Pray for Carlisle’s physical strength and health needs.
- Pray for believers to exhibit spiritual maturity and a desire to share their faith.
- Ask God for more national pastors in India and the means to support them.
- Pray for our boys they are having a hard time adjusting to all the travel and no place to call home. Barrett is most comfortable in Arkansas but we aren’t there often anymore, both boys have trouble going to nap and bed, they both used to be really good at just laying down and sleeping. PThe car is no fun for them and many times its just a lot of crying. Pray for peace.
- Pray for our funds to come in quickly, we have about 7 weeks till our September goal to be fully funded. We are at about 67%.
- Pray for our families as they try to adjust to us leaving.
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to be working in the lives of the Japanese we will come in contact with while we are there.
- Praise God for the adult son of one of the Good News Chapel members who recently contacted the church with questions about Christianity. He committed himself to reading the entire Bible by this summer’s end. Pray that this seeker ( Mr. Hiro . . . ) would be touched by the truth of the God and open his heart to Christ. 5/16/2020
- Pray for both the believers and non-believers viewing the worship videos of Good News Chapel. Church believers are expressing their need of spiritual encouragement during this time of medical emergency restrictions. Non-believers are viewing the broadcasts with a sincere desire to know more about Christianity. 5/4/20
- Praise for Good News Chapel believers who are inviting their non-believing friends to view the Good News Chapel Sunday worship video tapes, now uploaded on the church’s Facebook page and on YouTube. 5/3/20
- Pray for God’s special blessings on the weekly video messages being delivered via YouTube and on the new Facebook page for worship services for Good News Chapel. Missionary Rusty Carney has edited the weekly worship services during the Covid-19 virus outbreak and provided a weekly broadcast to deliver to those connected to Good News Chapel. 5/2/20
Praise for our new FaceBook page for Good News Chapel: 福音チャペル ( Fukuin Chapel ). It has already served as a great tool for sharing the ministry of the church. IM missionary, Shelby Culwell, worked to setup the FB page and designed a set of logos for the church plant. It has given an immediate connection to many contacts to the Good News Chapel ministry during this time of the Covid-19 outbreak. 5/1/20
- Prayers for the the proposed church property for the Good News Chapel building have been greatly appreciated. However, the pathway to purchase the desired local house (below) to renovate into a church building was shut down by a community vote and earthquake proof restrictions. Please pray in 2020 that God would open up a new pathway for a property purchase to serve as a church building for the ministry of Good News Chapel.
Updated April 24, 2020
- Pray for our family as we finish up our first term. Pray for us as we return to the states in October 2020. Pray that churches will be open to receiving us, and that the Lord would provide all the funds we need to raise.
- Pray for Doug as he pastors Miharashidai Chapel. Pray that the Lord would give him wisdom as he ministers in our community.
- Praise that Miriam finished language school! Thank you for all the encouragement and prayers over the last two years!
- Pray for our kids as they go to school (Oliver 4th grade, Scarlet 1st grade, Hazel K5) and for us to build good relationships with the other school families. Pray for our kids as they say “see you later” to their friends here, and as they transition back to life in the U.S.
- Pray for the Joy Kids ministry, which meets once a month. Pray for God to open the hearts of the children and parents that attend.
- Praise that Mrs. H made the decision to follow Christ during all of the COVID craziness!
- Pray for Mr. U as he meets regularly with Doug. Praise that he came to our foot washing service before Easter.
- Pray for Mr. A, a seeker, who attends Miharashidai regularly. Pray that he will accept Christ as his Savior.
- Pray that we would truly love the Japanese, and that we would open both our hearts and home to them.
- Pray that we will be a light to all the new people we will meet as we live and work here.
- Pray for the health of all the Japanese pastors and their wives. Especially pray for Mrs. Hirabuki, a pastor’s wife, who has been struggling with cancer.
- Pray for our partners in Central Asia as they labor daily to share the gospel in a predominantly Muslim environment.
- Pray for safety of travel, crossing of borders, and the granting of permissions that are needed in working in various countries.
- Pray for our international students in KZ, CUBA, RUSSIA, Tajikistan, and South Korea, as they each have their own ministries planting churches, reaching the unreached and offering the hope of the gospel hundreds of towns and villages.
- Praising God for the 3 New Playgrounds to be a part of building HOPE in Central Asia’s unreached communities!
- Pray for our MINISTRY ACCOUNT! Pray that God will move on the hearts of people to give to the work of the ministry! We need $2500 in new pledges by December 31!
- Pray for the Outlaw kids – Carson, Tori, Conner, Schaeffer, and Libby that God will continue to use their cross cultural experiences to prepare them for the role He has for them in the Great Commission.
4) Please pray that we will be safe during all our travel across the country, and that we can go back to France as soon as possible.
If you when more News about this ministry and recent pray request sign up for our Newsletter here : https://app.e2ma.net/app2/audience/signup/1913796/1911707.163132315/?fbclid=IwAR3_6jk_CtKvxKiK1AzAGrKlAoyo6BTHIJ04n5Nj7MW3haCYqeRwIZG-WZ4
- Pray for Audrey as she continues on at school.
- Pray that we will soon be able to get into a good routine for ministry.
- Pray that we will all remain healthy in the weeks to come.
updated June 21, 2019
- Pray for the spiritual growth and maturity of the members of the St. Sebastien Church. Ask God to give Jonathan and Michelle Chereau, one of the four couples who form the leadership team, wisdom as they assume more responsibilities.
- Pray God will give wisdom and direction to us as we continue to work with the JPense team outreaches and new church plant.
- Pray for Dennis as he pastors the St. Nazaire Church. Ask God to help the church to grow. Pray we will demonstrate God’s wisdom as we serve in this congregation.
- PRAISE THE LORD: We have had 200+ people get saved in the first 6 months of 2019. We have had several baptisms, but the water
- For life-giving rain. The local river is dry and the people are having to leave with their animals in search of water and grass.
- For our 4 boys and their families that we are missing. Second grand-baby coming in August.
- For growth in the lives of the new followers of Yesu
- Against spiritual darkness – witch-doctors, non-biblical traditions
- For leaders to gain confidence in sharing w/ others
- For men to surrender to discipleship and become leaders of worship/discipleship groups. The need is great. We could start 10 worship gatherings tomorrow if we had men.
- For the women in Victoria’s Community Health Evangelism classes. That they will share the biblical and medical information that they are learning.
- For Eddy’s health. He has had a few medical challenges already in 2019. For full restoration of health and strength.
- Pray for us as we continue the work of the new church plant, Hope Alive Church, in the Tokyo area. Pray that we would see people come to Christ and lives changed and that Christ would be glorified in our work here.
- Pray for the one-on-one Bible studies we are doing with some non-believers and one on one discipleship studies we are doing with new Christians.
- Pray for the outreach ministries of Hope Alive Church to bring more people the opportunity to hear the Gospel.
- Pray for a continued ability to speak Japanese
- Pray for Eli, Micah, and Emma as they are in elementary school that they can learn and thrive in a different culture and that they can make good friends and understand Japanese. Pray also that we can be an effective witness to the other parents at their schools and for their growth as believers in Christ.
- Please pray for the nine ITA training events planned for 2020:
- India – January
- Indonesia – March
- El Salvador (Spanish) – May
- Ghana – May
- Philippines – May
- Hong Kong – June
- Thailand – November
- South Africa – November
- Mali (French) – November
- Pray for the NEW INITIATIVES in 2020:
- New Trainer Launch Experience, a new virtual training course.
- The second training event in Mandarin Chinese
- Incorporating professional leader coaching into our programs
- Funding for ITA – see the 2020 budget here.
- Funding for Jeff & Susana – support here.
- Pray for ITA.
- Pray for the Gibbs children and grandchildren. Marc and his family, reside in the Saint Louis area; Joël and his family in Nashville, Ryan and his family who live in also in Nashville.
- Pray that God will grant Jerry and Barbara wisdom as they lead the church through the pastoral transition from missionary pastor to French pastor.
- Pray for the church as they seek to win the lost in St. Nazaire and the surrounding area.
- Pray for the pastoral team of the Saint Nazaire church, Bruno and Sylvain, that God will give them wisdom and protect them and their families.
- Pray that God will guide, protect, and bless Bruno, the interim pastor of the Saint Nazaire church, and his family.
- Pray for our various outreaches in the community that they will be fruitful.
- Pray for unity among the national church and leaders.
- Pray that in our own personal lives we would be fervently devoted to growing in God’s word and to prayer for what He is doing here in Bulgaria.
- Pray for our family to see steady progress in our language study.
- Pray for several formal and informal English teaching opportunities we are pursuing as a means of outreach.
- Pray that God would connect us to people in Pleven who are waiting to hear about him—including many members of society who are often neglected
- As we “lay foundations” for a new church, pray that God would give us wisdom regarding which steps we would take, the timing in which things should take place, and which opportunities for outreach we should pursue.
- Pray for growth in our relationships with people in our community and for opportunities to share love and truth in these relationships.
Updated June 16, 2020
Please pray for the two Catan: Resources for Life groups we have at the moment. Please pray that these groups would grow and that the members of both groups would be active in our Sunday worship gatherings.
Praise God for the recent completion of our first Alpha Course. Our plan is to start the course again in October, this time with current members of the group bringing at least one friend!
Praise God for Sevdi, who recently completed a six-month discipleship course and is taking on a leadership role in the church.
Praise God for the Bible study in the village of Vehtovo. Pray for R, as she invites her neighbors to take part. Also pray for Sevdi as he takes a leadership role in this new group.
Please pray that God would give us wisdom as we transition into the summer ministry season. As you may know, our original plan was to be on Stateside Assignment from June to the middle of September, but well, you know… coronavirus. So now we find ourselves in an interesting situation: restrictions in Bulgaria are rapidly releasing, we have new teammates to come along beside us, and we have no big projects planned, since we weren’t going to be here. Please pray that God would help us to use this unexpected time of ministry effectively!
Please pray that Josh would soon have a firm grasp on the Turkish language. Knowing Turkish will open many more doors in the villages surrounding Shumen.
Please pray for your church-planting team in Bulgaria. Tim and Lydia Awtrey are leading the church in Svishtov. Trif and Vanya Trifonov lead the work in Varna, where soon they will be joined by Keren Delgado. Jonathan and Amy Postlewaite have started a new church in the city of Pleven and in the village of Odarne. Soon Ken and Jayne Cash will work along beside them. And very soon our family will be joined in Shumen by Brenton and Debi Driscoll!
Most importantly, please pray that the Holy Spirit would do a mighty work in the nation of Bulgaria. Among the Turks only 1/10,000 know Jesus. Please pray that the Lord would go before us, softening hard hearts so that they will be eager to hear the good news of salvation.
- Pray for our discussion groups as we talk about God with young adults. That they may see the truth and understand the Gospel.
- Pray for the JPense evangelism events and discussion groups, that they will bring much fruit.
- Please pray for our impact project. We are in need of donations to support our new ministry. We need to get equipped to be able to have services and outreach events more often. Pray that we will meet our financial need so we will have the resources to carry out our ministry among the young adults. You can give online here : https://fwbgo.com/give/ under Impact JPense and you can send in checks to the FWBIM (memo: Impact JPense).
- Pray for the new converts through our ministry that they will stand strong and be witnesses to their friends and families
*December 2019: Our Christmas Outreach ministries went well this year, with unsaved attending each event! Judy’s Iriso Church English and Bible Class Brunch, our KCC Mommy and Me Christmas parties and our Family Christmas are over, and now we’re preparing for our January 1st New Year’s Day Worship, a common practice for Japanese Christians. Please pray that the gospel that was shared with “seekers” in each of these December meetings will see many accepting Christ!
*August 2019: Recently two of our contacts, Mr. “A” and Mrs. “E” have shown a deepening interest in the meaning of accepting and following Christ, and we’ve been very encouraged that the Holy Spirit is clearly working in their hearts. At Bible Study in our home this morning, we actually stayed an hour later than usual as we answered Mr. “A”‘s questions about eternity; we felt that even TODAY he was ready to accept Christ, but he didn’t take that final step of faith…YET! Please keep praying for this dear man in his late seventies to accept the greatest gift!
We’ve also continued to have many meetings with Mrs. “E” – for the second time this week, we met her and her two sons at the bakery in front of our apartment building. Today we sat with them as we all ate our lunch and invited them to our Sunday services. She has attended many times in the past, and she and her husband are receptive to the Gospel. Pray for this young family – it would be WONDERFUL to see them raising their small sons in a Christian home!
*July 2019: We recently had an older woman, Mrs. Hamaguchi, drop into our church after a disagreement with her son’s family. She left their home and walked around the neighborhood for several hours before seeing the light on at KCC. Ken and I were there a few hours before church began so she came in and talked about her problems with us and agreed to stay for our Sunday morning worship. When she left after church, she accepted a Gospel of John booklet that we give to each visitor, and cried as she told us, “I didn’t know where to go or who to talk to, but then suddenly I looked up and saw the light on in your church and felt led to enter!” We prayed with her and told her that she’s very welcome to return to KCC anytime of the week. She indicated that she wants to know more. Please pray for God’s leading in her life!
Please continue to pray for the salvation of the families connected with our two weekly Mommy and Me classes, about twenty-two families currently. Also please continue to keep Mr. “A” and Mr. “N” #2 before the Lord, along with Judy’s Iriso Church English/Bible class members. These women have attended the class for more than thirty years and are all in their seventies now. They’ve studied the Bible many times and still have not felt the Holy Spirit in their hearts. Please pray for them to accept the TRUE GOD!
*April 2019: We were blessed to have twenty two Mommy and Me Class families attend our KCC Easter Outreach parties last week! Join with us in praying for their salvation. Our five Kids’ Club students, three junior high and two high school kids, continue to attend Sunday afternoon English and Bible time. All have been members since 2009 and it’s a joy to work with them each week! Pray for the three young brothers’ salvation and for their parents. Pray for each of these kids as they face enormous pressures in their daily lives. Please continue to pray for the 5 unsaved senior citizens we share Bible studies with: Mr. “A” at KCC and Judy’s four Iriso Church Women’s English and Bible Class members. Pray for our April 21st Easter Worship. Pray for more opportunities to share the Gospel!
*January 2019: Several blessings and prayer needs for our ministries at Kamifukuoka Christ Church and Iriso Christ Church. We praise God that we were able to move back into our church neighborhood a few months ago when our previous rent contract expired. We have rekindled several relationships with people we knew previously and have been blessed to see some of them attend services at KCC. However, due to the moving expenses, our mission account balance has been dropping and we are now very close to a deficit level. Please pray that this need will be met for us to remain here to follow God’s leading.
We were very blessed to have around thirty nonbelievers attend our three Christmas Outreach meetings: two Mommy and Me Class parties and our annual KCC Family Christmas. Pray that through the messages shared, along with Christian books and tracts that were given, the Holy Spirit will speak to hearts and we may see MANY come to know HIM in 2019!”
We have requested prayer for salvation for several years regarding Mr. “N” #1, Mr. “N” #2 and Mr. “A”. Mr. “N” #1 is now rejoicing in Heaven after accepting Christ last Fall; Mr. “A” continues to attend weekly Bible studies, and both he and Mr. “N” #2 attended our KCC Family Christmas. Pray that through the heartfelt message that was given by our son-in-law, Dr. Jeremy Delamarter, they may allow the Spirit to work in their hearts!
Please continue to pray for the Iriso Christ Church Women’s English and Bible class. This is Judy’s 31st year of teaching these women, now all in their seventies, and we pray that these many, many years of opening and sharing the Word will have an eternal impact on their lives!
*July 2018: PRAISING GOD for the salvation of Mr. “N” #1, a dear friend in his eighties, who accepted Christ this week! Prayers for his salvation have been lifted for close to thirty years, and we now rejoice that he is a Christ-follower! Please pray for his recovery from recent cancer surgery. Also please continue to pray for our two weekly Mommy and Me Classes, where we work with twenty unsaved moms and their toddlers in our church outreach ministries to families in our neighborhood. Please continue to pray for Mr. “A” and Mr. “N” #2’s salvation.
- Pray for us as we transition from pastoral ministry to fundraising to life on the field.
- Pray for us as we travel and raise support for our ministry in Pleven, Bulgaria.
- Pray for God’s perfect timing in the process of being fully-funded.
- Pray for us as we begin the process of learning a brand new language!
- Pray for us as we prepare to join the missionaries on the Bulgarian field and begin working alongside Jonathan and Amy Polstewaite.
- Pray that we would remain obedient as God guides us and equips us to do His work among the Bulgarian people.
Praise be to God!
- I am fully funded, He is faithful.
- I am in waiting season where I have other opportunities to serve, He is faithful.
Pray for patience while I wait for the visa paperworks.
Pray for the Bulgarian believer to grow strong in their faith, and pray for the rest of Bulgarians for them to have access to the gospel.
Pray that God may help me as I am learning Bulgarian.
Thank you for praying for the Bulgarian people and I. Thank you for bringing to God these requests with a heart surrendered to God’s will.
- Pray for the leadership of the churches in Brazil, that there would be unity and a resolve to work together. Great strides have already been made in the past year.
- Pray for the seminary (Bible Institute) as we continue training leaders for the local churches in Brazil.
- Pray for Clóvis and Cristina Leandro of the Nova América FWB Church in Campinas who are serving as church planters in Boa Esperança, state of Alagoas, Brazil. They work in a town with no other evangelical Christian presence and minister to a very poor population. There are no other FWB churches in this part of the country. During the first few months of 2019 they have seen several people come to Christ.
- Pray for the FWB hospital in Doropo, Côte d’Ivoire, Africa. They just recently receive a FWB doctor (Dr. Katiuska) from Cuba. Her husband is a pastor and will be working as a missionary there. Pray for them as they learn French and adapt to a new culture.
- Pray for the church-planting project in Ghana being led by Pastor Thomas Appiah under the supervision of the mission’s committee in Ivory Coast. IM partner’s with our African brothers in this project.
- Pray for pastor Yosvanys, his wife Anita, and their two children, from Cuba, as they revitalize a church in Montevideo, Uruguay. The church is already experiencing some growth and they are trying to reach out to the community and help to reduce the violence in the neighborhood.
- Pray for the Seminary in Panama as they seek accreditation from the Panamanian government. It is a long process.
- India is a country of 1.3 billion people. There are still 715 people groups (ethnic groups) that have not been engaged with the preaching of the gospel. Pray that the Lord would help us to increase our “footprint” in the country. We are already partnering with two networks of Indian churches that are working among unreached peoples.
- As we partner with Bible Mission in Central Asia, pray that the efforts of the local workers in reaching the unreached will be fruitful. Pray also for the training of local pastors.
- Pray for the seminary that we partner with in Russia as they train pastors for a growing number of churches. In an area that I visited, they have seen an increase from 8 to 50 churches in a little over 30 years.
Updated Apr. 23, 2019
- Pray for contacts in France, for me to rebuild relationship, and have new one. For the Holy Spirit to open the heart of the French people and to guide me when I speak with them.
- Pray for a discussion group to start, I would like to start a discussion group, pray that God send the right people in this Group.
- Pray our Team, Dennis and Carol Teague, Lydie and Joel Teague and David Reeves.
- Pray for my friends and family member that Do no know God yet.
- Pray for me to have wisdom in my ministry, and that I will obey the voice of the Holy Spirit.
“Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.” John 14:13-14
Thank you so much for you support in Prayer, It is a precious gift to have so many lifting me up in pray. May God Bless you and keep and using you all for His Kingdom.
Myriam (Mimi) Le Louan
- Praise the Lord that we have met all of our fundraising goals. That means that we can return to France in January.
- We will be looking for a house in St. Nazaire upon our arrival. A missionary house is such a ministry tool. Pray that we can find a house that will allow us to host new friends and neighbors.
- Pray for our daughters as we transition to France. They have lost a good bit of their French. Pray that it will return quickly.
- Pray for our families here as we say our goodbyes.
- The Morgans are working in the Esperanza church in Alcalá de Henares. The church is growing. Praise the Lord for the growth and pray for the continued growth of the church.
- Pray for a new location and larger facility for the church.
- Pray for the growth of our children’s ministry.
- Pray for the English classes that the Morgans teach at the University of Alcalá.
- We are planning an Easter event in our community. Please be in prayer for this opportunity to build relationships.
- We are preparing for a women’s event on April 27. Pray for the event and for many unsaved to attend.
- We are currently working in Eastern Hokkaido. Our children attend Japanese schools in the area. Linda teaches English part time at two elementary schools. Pray for our children, and pray that they will be lights in these schools.
- To my knowledge, none of the approximately 20 English students that are in our outreach classes taught at the Abashiri church are Christian. We are teaching four classes there: kindergarten, two elementary and one adult class. Many mothers also attend the childrens’ classes. Most have never heard the gospel story. These are classes that have only started recently. Pray that through these many would come to know Christ.
- We are prayerfully looking at the many cities and towns around Abashiri and Bihoro that do not have any gospel preaching church (of any kind). Pray for God’s direction as we seek to reach these new areas.
- Pray God will supply the financial needs of the Snows. Japan is an extremely expensive country in which to minister
- Thank God for answers to prayer!
- Katherine is now potty trained!!!
- We are getting to know more of the people in our community.
- Pray as Grace is finishing out the school year doing “distance learning” from home.
- As a result of COVID-19 Kelton and Katherine are unable to attend their Japanese Kindergarten for another month. We have been trying to utilize this time by going through a phonics course with Kelton.
- COVID-19 has changed the scope of many things we were doing. English classes have been halted for the time being, and we are currently making videos for our church services each week. As a result, many who would not normally come to church are viewing the videos as we have been sharing them online. Pray the seeds that are being planted would take root in many people’s hearts!
- Praise God for Mr. “O’s” decision to follow Jesus! Pray for his spiritual growth, development and discipleship. Also, pray things will settle down with COVID-19 as he would like to be baptized.
Updated May 15, 2020
- Praise the Lord that I arrived safely in Japan and have started the process of re-acclimating to life in Japan
- Ask God that I will continue to grow closer to God.
- Pray that my relationships with Mrs. H and Mrs. Y continue to grow strong and that I am able to share the gospel with them clearly.
- Pray for my Mom as I leave her for the first time without the support of my Dad.
- Pray for the missionaries in Japan as they are experiencing a lot of transition.
- Pray for the new building project. We praise the Lord for the funds that were given for the purchase of a site in an excellent location in town. Much of the work will be done by members of the church, so pray for stamina to see it through.
- Pray for relationships we have made with many friends and neighbors, for God to open hearts to the message of salvation in Christ.
- Pray for Becky as she teaches English and builds relations with her students.
- Pray for the Lord to call out leaders for the future of the church in Chateaubriant.
- We were given financial clearance to return to Uruguay on July 4!
- The Lord provided a house within walking distance from the girls’ school, and cheaper than the one we had before!
- Pray for wisdom and safety of travel for Steve and other Bible institute instructors. Pray the students would be diligent and willing to
- Pray for the people of Uruguay to see that Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Only 6% of the country claim to be Christian.
- Pray the Lord would guide us to those who are searching.
- Thank God that many of the COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted and we are able to meet again in the church building.
- Our outreach to people in need during the quarantine has led to several people expressing an interest in church and the Gospel. Pray that they will not let social pressure hinder them from attending church and hearing the Good News of Jesus Christ.
- Please pray that God would grant us faithful people to serve Him wholeheartedly. We have several individuals and couples who expressed interest in the gospel and who started to attend church, but quickly give up because of pressure from friends and relatives.
- Leadership – Please pray that God will raise up a faithful person to pastor the New Life Church in Svishtov and evangelists who will start new churches throughout northern Bulgaria.
- Pray that God would send more missionaries and raise up Bulgarians to serve in the church. There are several towns in northern Bulgaria without a healthy church.
- Please pray for continued maturity and faithfulness as many are new believers.
- Pray for the economic situation in Svishtov. Due to a lack of jobs many people are leaving town to find work elsewhere. We have already had several families leave the church because they are going elsewhere for employment.
- Pray that we can make a breakthrough with reaching out to men in the community. Many women are attending church, but their husbands do not. Pray that we can find a way to reach out to me in Svishtov.
- There are several individuals and families that want to attend church, but because of pressure from relatives they have stopped attending. Pray that God would give them the courage to choose Jesus over the opinions of family members.
- Ask God to prepare the spiritual soil of the hearts of people in Svishtov. Pray words of hope and forgiveness will ring true.
updated June 1, 2020
- Pray God will call more workers to Spain.
- Pray for the Alpedrete church as they prepare for their Christmas musical.
- Pray for the new outreach efforts that the Johnsons are spearheading as they are in the beginning stages of a new church plant.
(Updated August, 2019)
* Pray for the starting of the Bridge FWB Church here in Champaign, Il. Pray that God would bring partners in gospel along side to help get the church established.
* Pray for the start of the new spring semester that we will meet students that will become interested in our sharing of the gospel
* Pray for our ability to connect in with other people and inform, engage, and encourage them to get involved with international students in their local colleges.
*Pray for Easter services this year. The Bridge FWB Church will have its first Easter service and also for Easter with English Corner students.
We thank God for
The Men’s Breakfasts and the Alpha groups that we started in January.
The few young people who joined New Life Church in the last couple of months; one of them, Ivo, joined our praise & worship team!
The volunteers who help us with the online live streaming of our Sunday services.
The people who actively encourage the rest of the church in our facebook group.
Please pray with us for
For the bigger interest to our online live streaming of church services, our youtube channel and facebook page.
The Alpha groups are canceled now due to the coronavirus. Please, pray for those who attended to come back once we renew our gatherings!
Us to be able to raise more funds for our Impact Bulgaria Project, and to be able to buy a property that would suit the needs of our future Outreach Center.
-Pray that the CHE (community health evangelism) groups I began will continue to meet regularly
-Pray the health lessons I taught will continue to be implemented and make a difference in the lives of the Samburu people
-Pray the women in the CHE groups will grow in their relationships with Christ and share what they learn with others
-Pray my Samburu teammate Eunice will have wisdom in how to most effectively disciple the CHE women
-Pray the groups that gather weekly worship will grow in their faith and the leaders will disciple them well
-Pray for more men to step up and lead their families and people in God’s ways
-Pray for wisdom and guidance in every decision as I transition to Nashville and begin this new ministry opportunity with college students