Church Fundraising Ideas for the World Missions Offering
May 4, 2023
Without the support and generosity of faithful donors, the World Missions Offering would not be able to fund the missionaries, ministries, and partnerships that are taking the Gospel to the Ends of the Earth.
During the month of April, Mark Price (IM Board Member and Free Will Baptist Pastor in Ohio) hosted three separate World Missions Offering dinners to raise money for missions. Mark continues to host these dinners every year, as he has for the last 15 years and welcomes people from various congregations to attend. Missionaries have the opportunity to share about their ministries, attendees eat and fellowship together, and IM staff are able to share about the World Missions Offering to invite people into the work God is doing around the world. Mark shared that he was encouraged that the majority of the money raised for the WMO from Ohio was from pastors who attended these dinners, and we are so thankful for their faithful generosity!
In addition to these dinners, which have been successful for our supporters in Ohio, there are many more fundraising ideas that churches can organize to partner with us to reach our 2023 fundraising goal of $1 million for the World Missions Offering.
Here are FIVE fundraising ideas for you and your church to take the Gospel to the Ends of the Earth:
- Organize a community-wide 5k walk/run with registration fees going towards the WMO.
- Host a silent auction or bake sale from church members and give proceeds to the WMO.
- Organize a church yard sale where all proceeds go towards the WMO.
- Have a WMO Sunday service, invite missionaries to share, and provide a designated time to give in a special offering.
- Get the kids involved through a fundraising competition (boys vs. girls) or feature the offering during Vacation Bible School in the summer.
Do you have other ideas or events you have done? We would love to hear about them! Email us your creative ideas at [email protected]
Thank you for partnering with IM to take the Gospel to the Ends of the Earth.