June 3, 2020
- Josh & Lydia Provow – We praise God that a friend of ours who recently came to faith in Christ decided to tell all of his family, friends, and co-workers about his decision to follow Jesus. Coming from a Muslim background, he is probably the first believer in his family in centuries. Please pray that God would use his transformed life to draw many people to salvation.
- Tim & Lydia Awtrey – Thank God that many of the COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted and we are able to meet again in the church building. Our outreach to people in need during the quarantine has led to several people expressing an interest in church and the Gospel. Pray that they will not let social pressure hinder them from attending church and hearing the Good News of Jesus Christ. Please pray that God would grant us faithful people to serve Him wholeheartedly. We have several individuals and couples who expressed interest in the gospel and who started to attend church, but quickly give up because of pressure from friends and relatives. Leadership – Please pray that God will raise up a faithful person to pastor the New Life Church in Svishtov and evangelists who will start new churches throughout northern Bulgaria.
- Brenton & Debbie Driscoll – We praise God for all the wonders He has worked out to get us to this point of our journey to Shumen: we finally have Brenton’s visa and are heading to Bulgaria on Friday, June 5! Please pray for our family as we finish up packing, say goodbye to dear family and friends, and take care of the last details surrounding this big transition. Pray specifically for strength for Debbie who has struggled with bad sciatic pain for the last couple of months; pray that our Lord will give both her and Brenton the strength for the long trip (4 flights) and that they will be able to arrive in Bulgaria safely, together with all of their suitcases.
- Keren Delgado – Continue praying for my visa so that I may soon be in Bulgaria. As soon as the embassy opens for foreigners I will be able to apply. Praise God for the great opportunity to dedicate this waiting time to learn about ESL through an online course. Pray that the Lord may open many opportunities for sharing the good news through English and Spanish.
- Jonathan & Amy Postlewaite – Pray for our family as we prepare to leave Bulgaria on June 10th for our stateside assignment. Pray that God would provide many creative opportunities for us to connect with those who faithfully support us, even though this will be more limited due to COVID-19. Pray that the students that we work within Pleven (Bulgarian and International) will continue to grow in their faith and in their boldness in sharing the gospel with their friends. Pray that the new/young believers in the villages will continue to grow in their faith and would have the discernment to recognize and refute false teachings.
- Jeff & Susana Turnbough (ITA) – Please pray for the 25th LMC Anniversary Celebration Team. The ITA Board made the decision this past week to move the November meeting in Thailand to a global virtual gathering and the team has much work to do to make preparations. Please pray for the new virtual Trainer Launch Course. Four trainers will be training six African leaders in developing their own training programs in their local areas in Africa over the next several months. Please continue to pray for the LMC Online Team, meeting weekly now, and working to adapt and launch virtual and online training.
- Steve & Becky Riggs – Pray for the leaders of the CNEF (National Council of French Evangelicals). We are grateful for their support in our current legal battle. The court date for the church property in Châteaubriant has been delayed to an unspecified date upon the request of the opposing lawyer. We praise God for the desire of many non-Christian friends to send written affidavits affirming the church is not a religious cult. Pray for protection, strength, and a clear Christian witness during this court process.
- Joel & Lydie Teague – We are meeting again with our church and with non-believers for discussion groups or Bible studies. We would appreciate prayers for this church plant, for wisdom in this situation but also for the hearts of the French people. We pray that their hearts would open to the Lord.
- Jonathan & Michelle Chereau – We are able to reopen churches here in France, but with a lot of restrictions that are not easy to put in place. Pray for wisdom for our council during this time that we can adjust everything to open the building again.
- Doug & Miriam Bishop – Praise that Doug was ordained as a pastor after a 1 year observation period. Pray for Doug and Pastor Ishii as they continue to work on translating the FWB Catechisms into Japanese. Pray for Miriam, Doug, and the Miharashidai FWB Church as we start back our services at location. Continue to pray for Mr. A’s Salvation.
- Heath & Joni Hubbard – Praise the Lord for opening up a parking spot in front of the church that we can use as an entryway and for more signage. The building owner also moved a vending machine so that we could have more bicycle parking. We praise the Lord also that we are able to start meeting again as a church! Pray for more Japanese people who can serve as translators on Sundays in various ministries.
- Eddy & Amanda Simmons – Pray for these next few weeks of extensive physical therapy for Eddy, that they will increase his strength and decrease his pain levels. Pray for God to light a fire in the hearts of Samburu men to learn the Word of God and share it with others.
- Tim & Kristi Johnson – As the Alpedrete Church continues with its online services, pray that believers will be encouraged, stay faithful, and will continue to grow in their personal walk with the Lord. Pray for church leaders to have wisdom as they implement changes that need to be put into place as we return to services in our building in mid-July.
- Jaimie & Tammy Lancaster – Please pray for several “divine appointments” that have happened of the past week among our team. We have had chances to speak the gospel into people’s lives and deepen relationships. We recently were welcomed into the community by one of the key figures. Pray that these relationships will grow and deepen as we prepare the foundation of our church plant in Carrasco.
- Pray for our expecting missionary families: Brenton and Debbie Driscoll (Bulgaria), Samuel and Lauren Riggs (Spain), and Manuel and Noemi (Creative Access). Ask God to give each mom good health and wisdom. Pray each baby will grow and mature as expected.
- Pray for Judy Lytle’s Hyperparathyroidism out-patient surgery on June 4. Please pray she will have a quick recovery afterward.
- Please pray for our missionaries, as they continue to seek prayer and financial support during this pandemic.
- Pray for former missionaries struggling with a variety of health problems:
Bobby and Sue Aycock (Brazil), Florine Coscia (Brazil), Ledgel and Sharon Ferguson (Ivory Coast and France), Glenda Fulcher (Uruguay and Panama), Mirial Gainer (Japan), Joe Haas (France), Sherwood and Vada Lee (Ivory Coast), Jerry Pinkerton (Côte d’Ivoire), Lloyd Plunkett (Côte d’Ivoire), Amy Robinson (Uruguay), and Don Robirds (Brazil, IM office).