October 21, 2020
- Kenneth Eagleton – Pray for a meeting of the Executive Committee of the Alliance of FWB Churches in Brazil on Thursday as important projects will be discussed.
- Tim & Lydia Awtrey – Pray for the non-believers attending our Alpha Bible Studies. Pray that they would be open to hearing the Gospel through the Alpha course.
- Jonathan & Amy Postlewaite – Pray for a young man from our church who is dealing with some family and work issues. He has shown interest in getting together regularly for discipleship but hasn’t yet committed to anything solid. Pray that he will understand that God has a plan for his life and that He can use even tough situations at work and at home for the good of His children. Pray that he will commit to discipleship so that he can grow in his faith.
- Trif & Vanya Trifonov – Please, pray for the youth Alpha group – for more non-believers to come and to get to know Jesus.
- Brenton & Debbie Driscoll – The Covid-19 cases in the Shumen region are rising in number. The hospital infection ward has now hit full capacity and there are more and more people that come down with the virus every day. Please pray with us that God would protect our church family from fear and allow us to point the people around us to the One who holds everything under His control.
- Adam & Carol Duncan – Remember the children at Antioch Academy; they were able to have a short event at the school last Saturday. Pray they would be able to begin in-person classes soon. Continue to remember Carol and the kids’ schooling. Finally, please continue to remember us as we travel to raise mission awareness and financial support.
- Jeff & Susana Turnbough (ITA) – Thank you for your prayers for us as we resume our teamwork on a project with one of our ITA partners, the Canadian Christian & Missionary Alliance. Please pray for wisdom as the team members (one from the USA, two from Canada, one from New Zealand) as we meet virtually to modify our Leadership Matters Course specifically for local pastors in the North American context.
- David & Mimi Reeves – Thank you for lifting up our family in prayers. Our trip to Oklahoma is going very well and the Lord has been very gracious to us in providing a place for us to stay on campus at Randall University. We are extremely thankful for this special time we can have as a family.
- Brother Carlisle Hanna – “Thank you for your continued prayers for Dad. We went back to the orthopedic doctors on Wednesday and had his arm splint reformed today. There is some early healing on the x-ray. Please pray for continued healing and pain relief for Dad and grace and enabling as we care for him.” (Dr. Don Hanna)
- Kenneth Eagleton – Please pray for the political climate in Ivory Coast as the presidential elections of Oct. 31st are nearing. There is much tension. Pray that there be no violence and for acceptance of the electoral results.
- Heath & Joni Hubbard – Pray for the Hope Alive team as they try to finish renovating the recently acquired 1st floor of their building space. Pray things will finish out quickly and smoothly so the church can begin using the space in its entirety. Thank the Lord for His provisions through all of this.
- Ken & Judy Bailey – This week we began holding services and meetings with churches and individuals to share our burden for the lost in Japan. Please pray for new opportunities, additional prayer, and financial support partners, and for safety in our travels. Please pray for Japanese pastors, church leadership, and IM missionaries as they witness and minister on the islands of Honshu and Hokkaido.
- Annabelle Ellis – Please continue to ask the Lord to provide for me to be fully funded in December. If He does and if my visa application goes smoothly, I can leave for Japan during the first of March! Ask Him to move people to partner with me so that through our obedience, His Kingdom will grow and His will be done in Tokorozawa as it is in heaven.
- Tim & Kristi Johnson – Pray for our weekly outreach activities in our new target area. Because of COVID-19, we have changed some of our methods of reaching out to contacts, but our goal is the same: Build relationships with people and share the Gospel with them. Pray for favor as we follow Paul’s example to “make Christ known” among people who don’t yet know Him.
- Chris & Tori – Please pray for our residency renewal. We have had issues in the past with this and so it causes a lot of stress and anxiety for us. Please pray that the process will be smooth and that we will be minimally affected by this process. Also pray for us as we seek to find different ways of being involved at Diez42.
- Pray for our expecting missionary families: Daniel and Kate Speer (Japan), Doug and Miriam Bishop (Japan), and Austin and Lauren Biggs (IM Family). Ask God to give each mom good health and wisdom. Pray the babies will grow and mature as expected.
- Please pray for our missionaries as they continue to seek prayer and financial support.
- Pray for former missionaries struggling with a variety of health problems:
Bobby and Sue Aycock (Brazil), Florine Coscia (Brazil), Ledgel and Sharon Ferguson (Ivory Coast and France), Glenda Fulcher (Uruguay and Panama), Mirial Gainer (Japan), Joe Haas and Barb Haas (France), Sherwood and Vada Lee (Ivory Coast), Jerry Pinkerton (Côte d’Ivoire), Lloyd Plunkett (Côte d’Ivoire), Amy Robinson (Uruguay), Tom Willey, Jr. (Cuba & Panama), Patsy VanHook (France), Jan Banks (Japan), and Don Robirds (Brazil, IM office).