Meet Bradley Mercer, IM Missionary to international students at the University of Missouri
My name is Bradley Mercer. Though I once hoped to be a professional basketball player in the NBA, the Lord had other plans for me! I am excited to serve the Kingdom as a minister to international students at Mizzou (University of Missouri) and pioneer this unique ministry opportunity.
Why the University of Missouri?
Mizzou ranks in the top 150 schools in the country for international student popularity, where at least 49 different countries are represented. International students make up close to 5% of a student body that has over 31,000 students! This means there are approximately more than 1,300 international students that roll through the campus of Mizzou each year. This is what leads me to this area. For years now, I have had a heart for different cultures. I have seen the desperate need for the gospel firsthand across the ocean, but these internationals are coming to us! I have the unique opportunity to minister to at least 49 different cultures at one time here in the United States, which presents its own advantages.
49 different countries are represented on the campus!
How he will minister to international students
University Clubs and Organizations
Partner with experienced international student clubs and organizations throughout Mizzou
Connect with international students on a personal level.
Cultivate a fun and welcoming atmosphere that invites international students to feel valued and challenges international students on subjects of faith.
Open My Home
Open my home to expose International students to American hospitality.
Ministry Events at Church
Host International student ministry events at Rejoice Free Will Baptist Church.
Make disciples of international students, so that when the time comes for them to return home, the multiplication process can begin in their own culture.
How you can pray for Bradley
- Pray that the Lord would provide the means for me to be able to connect with International students.
- Pray that I would be sensitive to the Holy Spirit then the opportunity arises to share the gospel.
- Pray that international students would see me as someone that truly cares for them, their well-being, and their spirituality.
- Pray that the Lord would provide healthy connections and partners to make this ministry effective.
- Pray that the Lord would help me to remain faithful to the students that He has placed in my way.
- Pray that the heart of gospel is heard above all else and that it would begin and remain the foundation of this ministry in Columbia.
You can partner with Bradley to reach students in Missouri with the Gospel. Contact him to invite him to your church to share his heart for international students in Missouri. Pray for him as he raises funds and prayer support.